The ClimateTalks.info roundtable and lecture series, at Villanova University, continued on Nov. 26, 2012, with an event focusing on GOOD Economics in a Destabilized Climate. (This event—originally scheduled for Nov. 1—had been postponed, due to the region-wide impact of Superstorm Sandy.)
Dr. Maghan Keita, PhD, director of Villanova’s Institute for Global and Interdisciplinary Studies, will be giving a talk on Reconstituting the Common Good.
Harriet Shugarman, also known as the “Climate Mama” and a trained Climate Reality presenter, will discuss the nature of the climate crisis and how it affects her, as a mother and a citizen.
Joseph Robertson, chair of Villanova’s PESC Subcommittee for Operations and Energy Use, will discuss G.O.O.D.-based economic thinking, outlined in the Sept. edition of the HotSpring Quarterly.
This ClimateTalks roundtable can be viewed at: http://bit.ly/vugoodecon
(you may need the SilverLight browser plug-in to view the full MediaSite webcast video—it is a safe, free download from Microsoft, and your browser should prompt you to download if needed).
Follow on Facebook & Twitter:
- You can follow news and spread the word about the event here, or on the Facebook event page: bit.ly/goodecontalk
- Join our discussion on Twitter; post your questions or comments to @GreenNOVAnews + #GoodEconTalk
- Villanova College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Villanova Center for Peace & Justice Education
- Villanova Institute for Global & Interdisciplinary Studies
- Villanova’s Falvey Memorial Library
- Villanova Department of Philosophy
- Villanova Cultural Studies Program